"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

2.03.2010

You Uncultured Swine!

(who knows what movie that quote is from? anyone?)

So, I am trying to bring some culture into our lives, food-wise.
I was raised on meat & potatoes. We had American food. Period. The closest thing we had to ethnic food was spaghetti. Things weren't seasoned. Things were fried.
I didn't have any ethnic food until I was grown.
And now, I try to expose my kids to lots of different types of foods. They love Mexican and Chinese. They've had real Italian food, and real British foods. I've cooked two Polish dishes from my friend Pauline over at Classy Chaos.
But I want more! So, if you have any recipes or ideas for ethnic foods that I can offer my family, please share them with me. Then I'll link to you in a post for all two of my readers!

Come on, share with me in this culture-fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo