"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

2.18.2010

Speaking of English....


....I saw an interview last week with Todd English, celebrity chef. He was talking about preparing a special Valentine's meal for your special Valentine. But a few things that he said really stuck out for me.

"Absolutely, there is a connection between food and love. I always say, when there's love in my heart or I'm feeling particularly good, the food comes out that much better."

"And I will always profess that when you cook from your heart and not your head, that's when it's best. That's when you show the love on a plate."

I think he's been reading my blog!
Seriously though, I couldn't agree more. I'm no chef. But I put love behind my meals. Maybe that's what makes them so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo