"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

2.12.2010

Mama's Best Trail Mix Ever

I make my own trail mix....OK, I buy all of the ingredients, but I mix it up myself!
And the family agrees, it is by far the best.

Toss together...
sesame sticks
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
corn nuts
shelled pistachios

That's it! Last night I couldn't find corn nuts and I was so bummed. I love those weird things...what the heck are they, anyway?



Mmmm. YUMMY, that's what they are!

Have a great weekend & Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I love making up my own trail mix! I buy bulk foods all the time i love a trip to amish country to stock up and when thats not on the books we go to http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/ where i buy bulk from there :)its fun letting my son pick which goodies he would like to try out in our mixes! Hope u have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo