"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

3.12.2010

Star Fruit

In my quest to get my kids to try new & different things, I picked up a star fruit at the grocery store.
Here are the results of this taste test:

Elayna (9 yr old): said it tasted like grass. I asked her how she knew this; has she ate grass? And she said that she has, many times. Alrighty then.
Andrew (10 yr old): loved it. He's never met a fruit he didn't love.
Shelbie (14 yr old): refused to taste it. Spoilsport!

At least I got some cute pictures out of it!



{I so love picnik.com! }

2 comments:

  1. Those are cute pictures Cyndy. Glad they tried it for you. So did you try it? What does it taste like to you? I'm with Shelbie on this one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say that I've ever had star fruit. It looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo