"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

3.10.2013

Crockpot Chicken & Cookies

I've made two delicious recipes lately that I wanted to share with you.

My dad is home from the hospital right now until his surgery on Tuesday.  We went over there on Thursday night and I made dinner so that my mom wouldn't have to worry about cooking.  My sister, niece and great-niece also came, so I was feeding a crowd.  I made the Sisterhood's Crockpot Chicken BBQ!
The only thing that I changed was that I used chicken thighs instead of breasts.  I made yellow rice to serve with it, and rolls.
To us, it doesn't really taste BBQ-y, so I am going to come up with another name for it.  I just haven't done that quite yet.  But it was a BIG hit!

And then these cookies....Ohhhh, these cookies.  AMAZING.  I've made them twice now.  Actually I made them once and my talented 12 year old cook made them the second time. Both times we made them exactly by the recipe, but I swear hers taste even better.  They're made with white chocolate chips, crushed oreos, and oreo pudding mix.  These are some delicious cookies!

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo