"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born - it's an idea, a state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, high school football, country music, and acoustic guitars. It's being hospitable, being devoted to front porches, magnolias, the good Lord, and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."

5.05.2010

Cinco De Mayo!

Did you do anything special for Cinco De Mayo this year?
Every year I say we're going to celebrate big, but then it sneaks up on me and I end up throwing something together.
This year was no different.
As I posted on my main blog, Putting the Fun in Dysfunctional, this week was ROUGH. So Cinco de Mayo at my house was celebrated with a simple dinner of very Americanized mexican food: Chimichangas (plenty of sour cream on top, of course), tortilla chips & salsa, and corn with some salsa mixed in. It was very yummy! But not very authentic....at all.....
Oh well, there's always next year!

Ole!


1 comment:

  1. there is always next yr, I agree...lol

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE feedback! Please let me know if you try one of my recipes or tips.
xoxo